Faith and Photography Contest
Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!
With the blessing of our Hierarchs, we are pleased to announce a new
opportunity for the youth of our church to express their faith.
The Consistory Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry wants to
encourage youth and young adults to explore their creative talents
and to glorify God through art, with the 3rd Annual Ukrainian Orthodox
Church Faith and Photography Contest.
Part of our mission, is to provide youth and college aged young adults
the opportunity to become more involved with their faith, while
showcasing the talented and creative youth we have within in our
Ukrainian Orthodox Churches. We want our youth to realize that
having fun and utilizing creativity can be manifested in a project that
shows how they correlate their life with their faith.
Provided in this packet are the rules and entry information for the
contest. We ask that you encourage all youth and college students to
participate. Deadline for entries is November 15. Prizes will be awarded
for first and second place. To broaden the experience and best utilize
social media, we will be allowing individuals to view the submissions
on-line and vote for their favorite! A People's Choice winner will be
awarded in each category.
Questions about the contest may be made to the Office of Youth &
Young Adult Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Natalie Kapeluck Nixon
Consistory Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry
How the Contest Works!
There are four age groups, each provided with a
different topic based on the theme In His Image.
The contestant is able to photograph something
that inspires them based on the topic
Make sure to review the rules and regulations to
make sure your photo makes the grade.
Submitt your photo by November 15 to
email@example.com with the needed entry
The photos will be displayed onine until December
15th. At that time our winners and runners-up will
The world is also able to vote! On-line voting will
be accepted for a Peoples's Choice Winner!
Age Groups and Topics
Ages 6-9 Younger Children: It is by your holding fast to
the word of life that I can boast on the day of Christ that I
did not run in vain or labor in vain. Philippians 2:16 Take a
picture of someone that is a champion in your life. Who is
very good at telling other about the Lord Jesus. Who is very
good at heping others.
Ages 10-12 Older Children: I have fought the good fight, I
have finished the race, I have kept the faith. From now on
there is reserved for me the crown of righteousness, which
the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day.
II Timothy 4:7-8 Compose a picture of yourself being active
within the Orthodox Faith, ultimately being a Champion of
Ages 13-18 Teenagers: Therefore, since we are
surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay
aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let
us run with perserverance the race that is set before us.
Hebrews 12:1 Snap a picture of a time that you believe was
necessary to put aside things that were important to you,
and instead offered a hand to help someone else.
Ages 18-22 College Aged Students: Every athlete
exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a
perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Well, I do not
run aimlessly, I do not box as one beating the air; but I
pommel my body and subdue it, lest after preaching to
others I myself should be disqualified. I Corinthians 9:25-27
As Orthodox Christians we are all running towards wanting
to serve Christ. Capture a snapshot of a moment where you
or have seen someone "race" towards serving Christ,
showing their journey of being a true Champion of the
1st Place Winners will receive a waterproof
sports action camera! Use of the winning
photos will be used as a profile image on one
of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA
social media sites and featured in the
Ukrainian Orthodox Word.
2nd Place Winners will receive an Amazon Gift
All participants will receive a small gift of
thanks for their participation!
Rules and Regulations
1. Inappropriate language or images will not be tolerated in the submissions. (i.e. no photo should be taken in the bathroom/restroom)
2. The parent/guardian of the contestant should not be responsible for taking the photo. By entering the contest, entrant represents,
acknowledges and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not
infringe on the copyrights, or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has an right, title, claim or interest in
3. There is no limit as to where you can take the photo as long as it is in accordance with rule #1 (i.e., in church, Outside, inside, park)
4. If the individuals, other than family members, are in the photo a media consent form (provided in this packet) should be signed by the
individual or their parent if under the age of 18.
5. The participant should provide an explanation of the photo, what the photo means to them and how it correlates to the topic/theme.
(elementary:1-2 sentences) (middle/secondary: 2-3) (high school/college: 3-4 sentences)
6. Theme should be identifiable (not a small and/or hard to miss detail).
7. Photo should have special meaning to the contestant.
8. We are not responsible for any loss of photo. The photo submission should be sent to Office of Youth & Young Adult Ministry at
9. The photo must be in digital format. Any digital enhancements to the original photograph are unacceptable and will render the photograph
ineligible for an award.
10. All submissions must be either JPEG or PNG file formats.
11. All submissions must be at least 1600 pixels wide (or tall if a vertical image) , but 2,048 pixels is preferred
12. Final day for submissions is November 1, 2017.
13. Contestant are willing to release rights to the photo to the Ukrainian Orthodox Church of the USA for use in future publications not limited
to print and social media.
Entry Deadline November 1, 2017
Voting for People's Choice Begins
Enjoy the beautiful photos and
ask your friends, family and
parishes to vote!